The welder fabricator fabricates metal assemblies and weldments. He/she performs a variety of layout, cutting, welding, drilling and other machining activities with products within specified timelines and per company standards in accordance with details and other job instructions. This position works a flexible day shift Monday-Friday with OT on Saturday as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cut and join metal parts per detail using typical metal fabrication tools including an iron worker, cold saw, oxy-fuel torch, plasma cutter, and welding machine (MIG, SMAW, TIG, DUAL SHIELD) etc.
- Bend and form metal parts using a press break.
- Read and interpret shop drawings (details) and be proficient at understanding key dimensions, angles, tolerances, and finish requirements.
- Work closely with the project lead to achieve production goals and develop strategies to reduce waste, improve efficiencies and perform work as schedule by the shop floor scheduling system.
- Perform work safely without accident or injury while maintaining a safe work area clear of hazards.
- Performs other related duties or special projects as assigned.
Education & Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent; two or more years of work related experience in a metal fabrication shop (preferred), a 1 year Certificate in Fabrication Welding, or an Associate’s Degree in Fabrication Welding (Preferred).
Knowledge, Skills and other Abilities:
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, and follow directions, understand and interpret drawings, details, and written instructions.
- Ability to safely operate metal cutting equipment (iron worker, cold saw, grinder, sander, oxy-fuel torch, etc.)
- Ability to safely create weldments that are structurally and ascetically sound.
- Proficient at using measurement tools (tape measure, caliper, square, etc.)
- Detail oriented